Re: New external dependecy request (ICU)

Hello,

> libICU used Common XML Locale Repository as far as I can tell, and
> Common XML Locale Repository is supported by Sun (for OpenOffice for
> instance), IBM (for libICU for C and Java), by Red Hat. The Mono project
> is also using libicu so maybe you could say that Novell is supporting it
> indirectly? Anyway, it seems like at least the companies behind GNOME
> support libicu and its use.

In Mono we are planning on replacing the dependency on LibICU, as it is
a huge library to link against, a big dependency for the time being, and
it is not easy to partition.

We are currently moving to produce our own tables from the ICU data
though, so it would only be a maintainer dependency, not a deployment
dependency for us.

Miguel.