Re: Proposed: Dasher

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 04:44:13PM +0530, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:

> Does dasher support Indic text properly?

In principle, yes - I don't think we've been provided with an alphabet
and training file, but it should all Just Work(tm). The only languages
with significant issues are pictographic ones, for fairly obvious
reasons...

> Also, last time, with GNOME 2.4, I noticed that translators tended to
> avoid a11y tools - and I think the same may be repeated with 2.6 too.

Dasher has a relatively small set of strings, and we've tried to keep
technical language out of them. It shouldn't be an excessively painful
translation, I hope.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org