Proposed: Dasher

Dasher
------

While Dasher has been lauded as an innovative, interesting, accessible and,
well, game-like approach to text entry, I'm not sure it has the same kind of
applicability to the Desktop release as the other a11y modules. Even though
the current a11y modules are not needed by a great majority of our userbase,
they provide a very real expression of 'universal access' (which is good
from a cynical point of view, too), and are the really basic infrastructure
required for deep a11y support across the desktop. I think Dasher is a bit
different, almost in a class of its own, and is not as central to our a11y
requirements as the other modules. At one stage it was not maintained in
GNOME CVS, although I believe this has been rectified (or will be soon).

I would love to see Dasher in a GNOME Accessibility Tools release, if there
were other modules to go with it.

Further discussion goes HERE. :-)

- Jeff (not wearing his release team hat)

    "Ever had a morning where you were not kissed and told 'I love you,'
       when the night before you SCREWED so wildly that you could not
        remember? GOOD MORNING!!!!" - Andre Hedrick, Linux ATA Dude