Re: Proposed: gmodconfig

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 01:48, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> This is very Linux-specific, and exposes inner mechanics of the system that
> really ought to "just work". I'm not sure any of this stuff should really be
> exposed to users, particularly in this fashion. We should hope that our
> distributors get all of their kernel-level stuff right, so we don't have to
> solve these problems.
>

> Further discussion goes HERE! :-)

I agree.  Kernel module configuration absolutely should not be exposed
to the desktop.  Distributions should hide this stuff in their deepest
darkest corners.  Or, better yet, we should make modules not require
manual configuration.  That is so 1990's, people.

My Utopian dream for the future has us moving further away from this
stuff, not closer.  Share it with me.

Best,

	Rob Love