Re: [Fwd: Re: Translations, GNOME and KDE]

Am 02.01.2004 21:18:32 schrieb(en) Kenneth Rohde Christiansen:

Some translators would also like to be able to translate from Windows
from time to time, since they might not be fully converted yet. Problem here is that they don't know what editor to use.

I suggest a pointer to
http://poedit.sourceforge.net/

That's what I've been using for over a year on Linux. While I don't mind gtranslator as of version 1.0, I found previous versions pretty much unusable and was relying on Vim with syntax-highlighting before I discovered poEdit. poEdit uses wxWindows and is therefore cross-platform. Windows users can get a installer package directly from this site. I don't know about other gettext editors for Windows and haven't even tried this one on Windows. It seems with poEdit translators can use the same program wether they are on win32 or X11. Ideal for the type outlined in the above quote. And the wxGTK port looks "Gnomish" enough for me.