Re: Formalising the release naming process [Was: GNOME Development Release 2.5.3]

Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 04:03:40PM -0600, Gerardo Marin escribió:

>Mostly a lurker, I'd like to point that we limit ourselves in a lot of
>places within HIG not to use jargon, body parts and phrasing that can
>offend users, in applications, dialogs or icons, even taking care of a

	Quoting Woody Allen, in this world of political correctness, we
can only make jokes about white men, of 40 years, cristians,
heterosexual, with an good employ and conservativein politics, otherwise
we will hurt a minory.

	So belive me, it's really difficult (and non-sense in my
_personal_ opinion) to be 100% correct with everyone, and that it doesn't
hurt any of the 6.000.000.000 people around the world.

Salu2

PS: What about Woody Allen's film quotes for the next release cycle?
(just joking, because we try to be funny in order to make our non-paid,
time expensive and sometimes ingrat work on Free Software bit easier)

PS2: Don't people from Sun, IBM... do jokes in their internal work?
Maybe is the same, but our internal work (hacking) is more public (IRC,
Mailing lists, developer releases...)

--
Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas