Re: GTK+ performance issues was Re: GTK+ (Was: Evolution 2.0 and GNOME 2.6)

Am Di, den 03.02.2004 schrieb Alexander Larsson um 09:28:
> On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 01:48, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> > since Nautilus does this too, it wouldn't seem to be the case.  I don't
> > know much about gtk internals, so I don't really know what this says, if
> > anything at all.
>
> Nautilus sometimes changes menus after they've been put up because we do
> asynchronous bonobo-activation lookups for e.g. plugins and availible
> views which then gets added when the query finishes. Delaying the popup
> until the query finished would make using the rest of the menu
> (cut/paste/etc) slower, and often the query returns nothing.

That's one thing I find quite irritating, honestly... It even happened
to me that I selected the wrong item in the context menu, because some
new item suddently poped up :-( I know it's probably quite hard to fix
that, however what I would like to propose is to remove the "strech
icon" and "restore original icon size" items from the context menu.
These are the 2 I see "poping in" most frequently, and I think that
noone really needs them in the context menu anyway...

Regards,
Jörgen

PS: I'm using nautilus 2.4.1, just ignore me if that has already changed
in current nautilus versions...