Re: G2.10 Module Proposal: Sound Juicer

Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 17:08 +0100, G�r Farkas wrote:

Ross Burton wrote:

Hi,

I'm belatedly proposing Sound Juicer for GNOME 2.10.

My long-term plans are to possibly integrate CD playing into the
interface[1] so that SJ can replace gnome-cd, and to add metadata lookup
via FreeDB.

what about being able to change the encoding quality ?
;)

It's already possible, through the audio profiles...

i see...

but which one is used when?

in gconf:/system/gstreamer/audio/profiles:
cdlossless (uses flac)
cdlossy (uses vorbis)
voice (uses idontknowwhat)

now in sound-juicer:
you can select the track format to be:
mp3 or ogg or flac or wave.

so how does this work?
i assume he uses the cdlossless profile for flac.
and maybe cdlossy for ogg.
but what does he use for mp3?

so then i reformulate my request:
what about better gui-integration with the audio-profiles? ;)

gabor