Re: filename translation implementation - how to decide

On Wed, 2004-15-12 at 16:58 +0100, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> Today at 16:21, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > I fear we will be unable to make a decision on this, and we'll let it
> > slide yet another release. I made the implementation to verify that the
> > solution worked and to have something that can go in quickly if we get
> > to a decision.
> IMHO, implementation is the best argument one can make.  
> I've put many arguments out, I stated what I prefer of your options
> and why (in my attempt to influence others to express their opinions,
> of course), but I agree each has it's pros and cons (as does any
> other solution presented). 
> I'm for any solution you have actually implemented provided it solves
> the problem we're trying to solve: translated folder names in GUI.
> Thanks,
> Danilo

I agree with Danilo. I have a right to express my opinion civilly (don't
I?), but when it comes right down to it, its the maintainer's (or
erstwhile programmer's) prerogative to call the shots with his own code.

If your solution goes through (which it seems it has), then all I ask is
that the special folders go back to ~/.gnome2 so we're at least not
polluting the user's $HOME with foreign junk.

Finally, if anything I've said in this thread was taken as a flame, or
overly aggressive, then I'd like to apologize publicly (or privately).
Its not my intention to stress-out the kind people who write my desktop.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]