Re: GNOME Namespace Management - ARC & GNOME

Glynn Foster wrote:
Sun will always strongly support and encourage the use of Java as *the*
development platform, period. If that wasn't obvious, I don't know what
is.

I guess I'm confused then - if this is the case, why do Sun care about GNOME/GTK+ interface stability? If Java is the one true supported platform, why bother working with the community to increase stability instead of just saying "these libraries are there to support the desktop environment, use them if you like but you're on your own"?

Are Sun interested in GTK+ as a developer platform or not?

thanks -mike