Re: GNOME Namespace Management - ARC & GNOME

> Brian Cameron wrote:
>> One thing that makes GNOME a little easier to deal with is that
>> most Sun customers do not build their own applications using the
>> GTK+/GNOME stack.  Further, Sun discourages customers from
>> depending on (linking against, for example) the GTK+/GNOME stack
>> since the GNOME community doesn't provide strong enough stability
>> guarantees.
>
> That's a shame but understandable.

No, it's a vague statement, which is even contradicted later when he says
that SUN do in fact recommend GTK+ and libglade. It's important to be
precise. Maybe we are talking about libraries that are not part of GNOME
or not part of the GNOME Developer Platform.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com