Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals
- From: Nielsen <nielsen memberwebs com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals
- Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:24:06 +0000 (GMT)
Havoc Pennington wrote:
The gconf approach has essentially the same problems as the symlink
approach, though in both cases if you declare that the only supported
access mechanism is to call a g_get_directory (G_DIRECTORY_DESKTOP) then
it's a little bit more encapsulated and that could be nicer.
FWIW, this is semantically identical to the Windows
SHGetSpecialFolderLocation, SHGetSpecialFolderPath (and related) calls.
] [Thread Prev