Re: jhbuilding proposed modules [was: Re: Proposed Module Request, Request]

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:33:02 +0100, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> > things I'm adding:
> >
> > * totem
> > * gnome-schedule
> > * gnome-backgrounds
> > * gnome-user-share

NB: I can't get howl to build ATM, so I have not added
gnome-user-share. The others are in HEAD of gnome-2.10.modules.

> > can't really include:
> > * polypaudio: I can test that it builds, but not that anything builds
> > agianst it, without dropping esd and stopping testing of that.
> >
> > not terribly useful to include (IMHO, stand willing to be corrected):
> > * galago
> > * libnotify
> > * libgnomesu
> >
> > I don't believe in including libraries that aren't used anywhere yet;
> > IMHO that gives a false sense of security about their level of testing.
>
> jhbuild is for testing. It shouldn't give anybody a sense of security.
> I'd add them. That makes it easier for people to try to use them.

Hrm, fair. Worst-case scenario we can reuse the XML for 2.12 when
presumably they may actually be in use.

> However, I'm not personally going to support their inclusion in the
> Desktop release if no desktop module uses them (even in a branch).

I think you and I, at least, are agreed on this :)

Luis