Re: Document font in GNOME (was: Re: Preferences in Yelp?!)

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, uws wrote:

På Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 05:31:56PM -0600, Shaun McCance skrev:
The dialog has two preferences for font settings, one for variable width
and one for fixed width.  People really do want to use a different font
for viewing long documents than for menu items and buttons.  But there's
no reason it has to be Yelp/DevHelp/Evolution/Epiphany-specific.  Could
we add a 'Document font' option to gnome-font-properties?

This sounds like a great idea to me. I tend to use a narrow font for the
menu and button text (my screen space is limited), but a not-so-narrow one
for normal text. To me, a "Document font" option in gnome-font-properties
seems the best solution for this issue.

To me, such an addition would be quite innovative for a desktop environment, not to mention quite helpful for strained eyes.

The only question I have about this is, to what font should this proposed setting default? Have anyone any definitive ideas with regard to this?

Best of regards,

Matt T. Proud

process-of-elimination.net