Re: Hot plugged volumes in the notification area

På Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 05:18:36PM +0100, Reinout van Schouwen skrev:
> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, William Lovaton wrote:
> >In fact, this is a fantastic opportunity to tell the user that he have
> >to unmount the volume before unplugging it.

> Not really. The system should be robust enough to handle hot plugging
> and unplugging, because the user is going to do that regardless.

A simple solution to this problem is to use a 'sync' mount. This works fine
when copying files to my USB disk (mounted by autofs btw, but that shouldn't
matter).

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl

i never want an easy life if me and he were ever to get there  -- charlatans