Re: bonobo activation environment matching and DISPLAY

Michael Meeks wrote:
On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 17:22 +0100, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:

I assume that your note above about the bonobo:environment property
doesn't mean that the "artificial environment", i.e. the constructed
req_env, is deprecated... let me know if I've missed something.

Yes, I think it is deprecated, but I defer to Michael on this one. Michael, what's your opinion on this?

	I believe the new idea was to have each .server file denote which bits
of the client environment it really cared about; and thus have the
server process determining it's own per-display/per-whatever lifecyle
rather than the calling-client. That would seem to be a good idea in
general - I forget the precise syntatic details, but it focused around a
bonobo:environment stringv in the .server file AFAIR.

This sounds disturbingly undocumented...

- Bill

	HTH,

		Michael.