Nautilus Sendto -- opportunities for generalisation

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 08:49 +0200, Roberto Majadas wrote:
>       * Nautilus context menu component ("Send To...") .
>       * A dialog for insert the email acount or IM account which you
>         want to send the file/files .
>               * Contact with evolution-data-server and get the email
>                 accounts .
>               * Contact with gaim (nautilus gaim plugin) and get the IM
>                 acccounts
>               * You can send files packaged in varios formats

Some thoughts on this:

(1) can we have a widget for contact completion like this?  Ross
Burton's contact lookup applet does more or less the same thing you do.
Furthermore in gnome-phone-manager I want to do a similar thing to be
able to get mobile phone numbers to send messages to.  It would rock if
there was a contact chooser widget that allowed either single or
multiple selections of contacts to be made, and allowed specification of
which fields we are interested in (email addr, cellphone number, AIM
handle.)

(2) I made a "Send to Bluetooth device..." extension for Nautilus.  If
there's a "Send to..." menu item, it would make sense to fold it under
that.  Furthermore, someone might write one for sending faxes.  Is there
any way your extension could itself be extensible to, say, build its
menu from an XML file and allow a variety of programs to be run in
response?

-- Edd