Re: new modules consensus

El mar, 17-08-2004 a las 17:35 +0100, Alan Cox escribió:
> On Maw, 2004-08-17 at 17:26, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > 	To me, it sounds like these are "just bugs" that won't affect most
> > users too badly rather than blocking issues with the design or quality
> > of the program. If these are relatively minor issues that could easily
> > be fixed during stable releases, then I don't think there's a big
> > problem here. Maybe I'm mis-understanding the importance of the issues,
> > but its hard to judge without bug reports.
>
> On Linux at the moment
> 	= the portscan crashes on use (and doesn't work in other cases)
> 	  also can't do UDP

If it crashed it's a bug.  I'm not pretty sure if we should implement
such UDP port scan, may be.  I'm still not quite sure if portscan
is needed, mostly because commonly is taken as hostil activity.

In the case of MacOSX, it just call nmap, AFAIR.

> 	= it misparses interface data (ifconfig format varies by distro
> 	  so that may be part of the fun)

This is strange, because to get the NIC information is not used
ifconfig at all.  It just use SIOCGIFCONF and such kind of ioctl
calls to get the information from a socket.

--
Germán Poó Caamaño
http://www.ubiobio.cl/~gpoo/