Re: default theme consensus

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 21:13, Shaun McCance wrote:
> The documentation team really needs a decision on the default theme for
> 2.8.  We're already past the UI freeze, which exists in part to allow us
> to finalize screenshots.
>
> The candidates seem to be "Glider" and "Indubstrial".  I don't know if
> Glider became the actual name, and Indubstrial certainly needs a better
> name.  Glider (SmoothGNOME) seemed to be getting a lot of traction.
>
> Let's have a *quick* discussion, then get somebody with an iron fist to
> deliver the verdict from on-high.  And I mean quick.  I'm going to start
> screenshooting Real Soon Now.  Once I do, I will vehemently attempt to
> block any change to the default theme.  Like pounding the ground with my
> powerful arms, frothing at the mouth, screaming at the top of my lungs.
> It won't be pretty.  Please don't make me do it.

Although this theme is great and I welcome it, personally I really like
the OpusOS Metacity theme:
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=14092

I first saw it when Mikael posted a blog about Blam! and have since
started using it at work and home, it's great!

You need gnome-themes-extras 0.7 and I also make use of the Oasis GTK
Theme too.

This is the original Blam! screen shot:
http://micke.hallendal.net/archives/Blam-1.2.0.png

The only thing I'm not too crazy on is some of the icons, if I could
stick with the original Red Hat Bluecurve icons it would be superb.

Regards,
Martyn