Re: help needed: window focus bugs

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 08:55 -0700, Rob Adams wrote:
> I had planned actually to disable focus-stealing prevention if the
> accessibility support is enabled, rather than have a separate setting
> for it.  I'm going to try to spend some time this weekend sorting out
> some of these issues, but I'm not sure I have enough time to get to all
> of them.  I hope that maintainers of in particular gnome-panel,
> epiphany, and gnome-terminal could spend a little bit of time working on
> this if at all possible.  Gnome-panel has a strange problem with wnck-
> applet, which we don't understand, but somehow the timestamp is set
> wrong on the preferences dialog for just that applet.

To make it easier for maintainers to see how metacity is deciding to
focus or not to focus windows,
  1) Apply the metacity patch at http://tinyurl.com/48or9
  2) Recompile metacity (no need to install)
  3) Run './src/metacity --replace'
  4) Note the timestamps Metacity reports in the terminal (as warnings)
     that it is comparing whenever a window is mapped.

Cheers,
Elijah