Re: Another idea for GNOME VFS

I would agree. This doesn't seem to be an appropriate thing for gnomevfs
to do. However, having a generic Gnome API way to acquire additional
permissions, or those of another user, is definitely something that should
be looked into.

Additionally, I would say that it should be implemented at the application
level. For example, being able to Shift-Click on a File in Nautilus and
choose "Open with gedit as another user..." would be quite nice. (Shift
clicking on a panel launcher too.)