Re: [fdo] Re: On translation regressions due to freedesktop.org dependencies

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 13:14 +0200, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
>
> > We don't have all modules with the same branches. That will only work if
> > we branch all modules just after a release so we could get a translation
> > module from the gnome-2-6 branch with all translations for GNOME 2.6.
> > But that will not work with gtk/glib/pango. I don't see as an easy
> > solution for GNOME or other projects with different branches.
>
> So do you have an alternate proposal? The longer the current situation
> continues, the more regression we will see.

No I don't have an alternate proposal, I'm just telling that
technically, this solution is not valid (I think it's not possible to
map different branches into a common one with the alias feature from
CVSROOT/modules)

I think some time ago someone talked about a script to download only the
needed .po directories from all modules involved. You just need it with
a checkout, the commit works without problems.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)