Re: updated MIME plan

Just an idea, please don't shoot me if it is stupid.

we used to be able to create nautilus scripts where one could perform an
action on a file like: convert this .wav file to a .ogg file.

Is it possible/desirable to extend the MIME-spec to include information
on the kind of operations that can be performed on certain mime-types?

So for the above example, when a user installs the oggenc program, it
registers automatically that .wav files can be converted to .ogg files
with oggenc?

Tino Meinen