Re: Gnome File chooser complains

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
  - after founding the file, we press <ENTER> and nothing occurs. I
need to go there with the mouse, or go to the 'OK' button pressing tabs.

How are you creating the file chooser dialog?  Please read the
following:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkFileChooserDialog.html#gtkfilechooserdialog-response-codes

You must use a known response code for your "accept"-type button.

Well, I have this on the background chooser. Maybe I need to upgrade anything, given that a friend of mine has that working.

- The Add/Remove buttons are not easy to understand. Now I know what
they do because I've asked.

What do you suggest we do to fix them?

To change the text to 'Add Bookmark' is too long. I know that frames are not being used, or I would usgest one around the buttons and the bookmarks box saying: Bookmarks or Bookmark System or something like.

Another option would be a context menu with a 'bookmark folder' option. By the way, that context menu could have some other options like delete file (and others). I know this do not solve the buttons understanding problem, but can help the users to use bookmarks without understanding the buttons.

I'll try to think a little more on this, too, so I can help with the UI.

Thanks,
Alberto

  Federico