Gnome File chooser complains
- From: Alberto Manuel Brandao Simoes <albie alfarrabio di uminho pt>
- To: GNOME Desktop Devel List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Gnome File chooser complains
- Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:43:12 +0100
Just let me complain about the new gnome file chooser:
- it is mouse oriented:
- files and directories should be searched going on by the list:
where is completion.. why not at least jump when pressed a letter to the
first file/directory beginning with that letter?
- after founding the file, we press <ENTER> and nothing occurs. I
need to go there with the mouse, or go to the 'OK' button pressing tabs.
- to go up a directory is not intuitive, at least when we are at our
home and want to go up a level --> makes the user choose the disk and
press the home folder (one more click)
- The Add/Remove buttons are not easy to understand. Now I know what
they do because I've asked.
I hope this can help a better file chooser so most people can understand
] [Thread Prev