Re: Follow up about X clipboard

Jerry Haltom <wasabi larvalstage net>Jerry Haltom wrote:
It's been about 4 days now since I sent my first mail outlining ONE idea
for persisting state with the X clipboard. A lot of responses were
received. The majority of them, of course, were negative. I will sum up
these negative reasons and offer counter arguments for them.

How about sending the entire content of the clipboard to a daemon when the app exits? The daemon will hold the data until the user copies something else. Data is transfered via shared memory on localhost, or xincr or whatever on remote hosts. I believe this will solve most of the problems mentioned and has no performance problems.