Re: State of the X clipboard, and perhaps a solution

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 09:36 -0500, Jerry Haltom wrote:
> You essentially suggested what I have been meaning to suggest for a
> long time, but never gotten around to write up.
>
> One downside is that the necessary application changesprobably can't
> be done automatically by changing GTK+. Just adding
> gtk_main_quit_after_losing_selection() and have applications call that
> instead of gtk_main_quit() might be enough, though.

That's very very good to know. What my proposal does is not break
existing abilities. Copy/paste continues to work in current programs
just as it does right now, without gross workarounds. Adding after-quit
persistence is just an "add-on".

it's a gross workaround for a problem that I don't even agree is a problem.

Jeff