Re: patch to gnome-session: smooth fade on logout

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 15:05, Calum Benson wrote:
> Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > Was this 'fade on logout' patch of particular commercial or brand-oriented
> > importance that it couldn't be sent upstream previously?
>
> Not AFAIK... I suspect it's just very near the bottom of our "important
> to get upstream" list, and we've been too busy trying to get the thing
> out the door to reach the bottom of that list yet.  Either that or Glynn
> just forgot about it :P

	If I remember right the patch is actually a much more "low-tech" thing
- it just covers the entire screen with a stiple. No fadeout, no iris
etc. and was originally written because doing anything fancier on Sun
Ray sucked big time. Oh and Stephen wrote it :)

	It might make sense for the patch to go upstream for as a
"reduced_resources" option like Metacity's one to enable wireframe
move/resize and disable animations. It should probably be a GNOME wide
preference too ...

Cheers,
Mark.