Re: Negotiating for using Royalty Free patents

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 02:32:29PM -0600, Ryan McDougall wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 15:54 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> I know you are an easily excitable guy, based on how you reacted over
> other things, including the "that and a pair of testicles" gong show. I

  I'm also one of the individuals who worked to build the legal
foundation of the project you have just misrepresented to an external
potential partner.
  You are right that misrepesenting the community, its ideas, its work
are things I do not accept easily, and won't let pass without a serious
fight !

> also know that a community is represented by its individuals, whether
> the community likes it or not. Therefore, I'm giving you, personally,

  That community is the GNOME project. There is an elected board
and its mission is precisely to deal with our industrial partners,
possibly delegating to comitees or individuals some part of its work,
and then reporting to the community by the way of timely minutes
the work being done on behalf of the community. I'm not part of the
board, though I used to, I have no power (except I may still be
the officially assigned secretary for the Foundation, it may have
changed but I didn't got any notice).

> the decision about what I will do. Write me back, and I will unsubscribe
> from all GNOME mailing lists, and you will never hear again from this
> "troll" again.

  I think that if you disagree with the GNOME Foundation bylaws which
indicate how the project works, then trying to get those bylaws changed
might be the right thing to do, you can also run for the board in next
elections to try to gauge the representativity you really hold within
the community. If you wish to unsubscribe it's your right, that's not
what I asked for. I asked for an apology, very different !

Daniel