Re: Yet more gnome-control-center string freeze breakage

tor 2004-04-08 klockan 15.47 skrev Jody Goldberg:
> > There has been an unannounced string freeze breakage in the
> > string frozen gnome-control-center HEAD branch.
>
> > #: libbackground/applier.c:577
> > #, c-format
> > msgid "Failed to open file '%s': %s"
> >
> > #: libbackground/applier.c:615
> > #, c-format
> > msgid ""
> > "Failed to load image '%s': reason not known, probably a corrupt image file"
>
> This patch is primarilly concerned with fixing support for svg
> backgrounds properly.  Chris did some nice work on it and it too was
> marked as blocked for 2.6.0 code freeze.  In the process of working
> though the morass of control centre bugs I didn't consider the new
> error dialogs enough to notice that they were being translated.

Fair enough.

> > I strongly suggest these string additions be reverted immediately and
> > only be applied to HEAD after gnome-control-center has branched off for
> > gnome-2-6.
>
> I'll disable the translation of the error strings until we branch.
> The patch will remain in.

Ok, thanks!

> Christian please relax I'm easy to reach and could have been
> contacted in a less flamboyant manner to point out your concerns.

I'm sure of that, however I publically made a promise a few months ago
that offenders of the freezes should be made public
(http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-February/msg00516.html).
I could have spared the rant though. I'll just blame that on my fear of
the freezes intentionally being ignored.

> At this rate you'll be accusing me of fornicating with sheep in the
> middle of the local <insert place of worship> by tommorow.

Hmm, good idea, actually. Nothing beats a good conspiracy. Unless it's
Swedish, because we all know there are no Swedish conspiracies. Ok, I'll
shut up now.

Christian