Re: dbus and GNOME 2.8

Hi Havoc,

>> The question is: will dbus be included in GNOME 2.8?
>> Havoc: are you going to propose it for inclusion?
>
>Right now nobody is working on dbus/doc/TODO, so 2.8 looks unlikely. If
>someone started working on that todo list then 2.8 could be done, but
>the current trend line does not finish in time for 2.8.

Thanks... this is the only reply that gives an answer to my questions.

Since, as you said, probably dbus will not be ready for 2.8 I think I will base
my implementation on bonobo/CORBA.
Actually this is only an implementation detail (that could be changed in the future)
because the "standard" I'm going to propose is based on a file format [1]
and on a mechanism to manage file locking (just like the current "standard" [2])
The CORBA interfaces I will use for the GNOME implementation of the recent-files
specification will be wrapped in a C library. So the user of the library will see
only a normal C interface.

Thanks,
Paolo

[1] Give a look at http://www.gnome.org/~paolo/files/recently-used-files for an example.