Re: 2.6 thoughts, questions, bugs and congrats

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 01:18:26PM -0500, Aaron Weber wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 09:58 -0800, Alan wrote:
>
> > Panel
> > -----
> >  - the sound control doesn't seem to work with my 2.6.4 alsa setup,
> >    simply claims mixer is not available
>

> ALSA should have a compatibility layer for the other technology (can't
> remember the acronym)... assuming it does (mine does), some systems will
> have a broken permission somewhere that you can adjust.  Sorry to be so
> vague... check in /dev/snd or /dev/sound.

OSS?  I have OSS api emulation enabled and the perms for /dev/snd and
/dev/sound are read/writeable by me.  I can still hear sound fine, and
apps can send sound just fine, it's just the volume control and mixer.

alan phoenix dev $ groups
wheel cron audio games cdrw users slocate private
alan phoenix dev $ ls -lR sound snd
snd:
total 0
crw-------    1 alan     audio    116,   0 Dec 31  1969 controlC0
crw-------    1 alan     audio    116,  24 Dec 31  1969 pcmC0D0c
crw-------    1 alan     audio    116,  16 Dec 31  1969 pcmC0D0p
crw-------    1 alan     audio    116,  25 Dec 31  1969 pcmC0D1c
crw-------    1 alan     audio    116,  18 Dec 31  1969 pcmC0D2p
crw-------    1 alan     audio    116,  33 Dec 31  1969 timer

sound:
total 0
crw-------    1 alan     audio     14,  12 Dec 31  1969 adsp
crw-------    1 alan     audio     14,   4 Dec 31  1969 audio
crw-------    1 alan     audio     14,   3 Dec 31  1969 dsp
crw-------    1 alan     audio     14,   0 Dec 31  1969 mixer

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain