Re: spatial stuff detail

Guido Schimmels wrote:

Am 23.09.2003 23:33:37 schrieb(en) Andrew Sobala:

> And then what? Please elaborate the remote exploit scenario. Local
> exploits are irrelevant.

Why?

Because security doesn't exist when you have physical access. The best you can hope for is that I can't spy out your data on an encrypted filesystem. Other than that I can simply pop in a Knoppix CD and mount your HD(s). If the BIOS is locked down, and I'm not enough of a criminal to know the master password for your BIOS (every BIOS has a master password), I open the case and carry your HD's home.

And if your employees hack their boxen, time spent on reghosting should be your smallest concern.

Or how about someone emails you a virus image, and you open it in Gimp?