Re: jhbuild changes

On 22/09/03 15:11, James Henstridge wrote:

I've updated jhbuild to pull fontconfig, Render, Xrender and Xft from the new cvs.freedesktop.org. If you have an existing checkout though, it will probably continue to pull them from keithp.com.

To switch over to the new location, you can either delete your working copies of those modules, or use the changecvsroot.py script included with jhbuild to update the working copies:
   cd <where-everything-is-checked-out>
jhbuild/changecvsroot.py :pserver:anoncvs cvs freedesktop org:/cvs/xlibs Render Xrender jhbuild/changecvsroot.py :pserver:anoncvs cvs freedesktop org:/cvs/fontconfig fontconfig Xft

If you have an account on cvs.freedesktop.org, you can get jhbuild to use that instead by adding the following to your ~/.jhbuildrc file: cvsroots['xlibs.freedesktop.org'] = ':ext:cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xlibs' cvsroots['fontconfig.freedesktop.org'] = ':ext:cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/fontconfig'

While the copies of these modules still exist in keithp.com CVS (so things still continue to work), you should switch over if you want to see any bug fixes that get made to these modules.

After writing this, Paolo Borelli pointed out to me that Xft has been moved to the /cvs/xlibs cvs root on cvs.freedesktop.org. I've updated jhbuild to use that root, so it should be okay. If you use the changecvsroot script, remember to update Xft to the correct root.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/