Re: Application menu.

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 07:18, iain wrote:
> I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I can't remember anything
> about it.
>
> What are people's views on an "Application Menu" in each program? By
> application menu, I mean a menu like on Macs, with the "iTunes" menu
> before the File menu.
> http://www.stanford.edu/~tristanh/images/bibliographerX_shots/application_menu.jpg
> is a good shot of it.

I've thought of one other concern about this.  The HIG basically forbids
using menu items in your menubar that are multiple words, and for good
reason.  This could be very difficult for some applications.  Take, for
example, gucharmap.  I'm sure we don't want a 'gucharmap' menu.  We'd
rather have a more human-friendly name, like the names used in the
applications menu (not to be confused with the "Application Menu" we're
discussing here).  But "Unicode Character Map" isn't a very good menu
title.

--
Shaun