Re: UnAnswered questions about spatial switch

John,
	You missed one:

		How do you go "up" a directory?

	MacOS9 solved these problems like this:

	While holding down a modifier (I don't recall which one) and double
clicking on a directory would open the directory in a new window and
CLOSE the old one.

	To go up a directory, the window manager allowed you to click (again
with a modifier, I think, it might have been click and hold) on the
window title which would open a drop down list of parent directories.
Selecting one of those would open that directory in a new window.  (I
don't recall if the current window closed.)

	I have no idea why they switched away from the spatial model, although
I know I found it hard to use. *

* I also don't tend to use graphical file managers, so I'm neither a
good test, nor have a strong opinion about which way works best.