Deleting special desktop objects

I am trying to figure out what the default behavior is for deleting
special desktop objects. I cannot remove either the Home or Trash
desktop objects. However, I got a review comment on the User Guide that
says that you can delete these special desktop objects, however, they
are added back your desktop when you log in again. So which is correct:

1. You cannot delete Home, Trash - when you right-click on these
objects, Move to Trash and Delete are unavailable.
2. You can delete the Home and Trash objects, but they are added again
next time you log in.

Thanks,
Eugene