Re: [Patch] A clipboard daemon for gnome-settings-daemon
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Hongli Lai <h lai chello nl>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Patch] A clipboard daemon for gnome-settings-daemon
- Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 11:57:08 -0400
On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 01:19:11PM +0200, Hongli Lai wrote:
> The other alternative is make applications transfer data to the daemon before
> they exit, but this requires modification in all applications (or at least
> the toolkits; depending on the situation). That's way too much work.
The way I'd approach it is to establish a handoff protocol (and have
GTK support it) and then if the app doesn't advertise handoff support,
go ahead and harvest its selections immediately. Then when app authors
get bug reports about the handoff being slow, they can fix it easily.
] [Thread Prev