Re: GtkFileChooser API work

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 10:53, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> In general, tho, it seems a very bad idea to limit write locations.
> There may very well be a reason the user isn't using a standard location
> (making a backup, for example).

It would be very useful in an enterprise[1] context to be able to
specify a directory or possibly list of directories users can view/write
to/manipulate. Like, I use ~/documents/ as a convenient spot, but some
companies actually want to be able to say 'users should never be able to
save or open documents not in ~/documents.' Having some way to specify
that globally and respected by the file selector would be nice. [Not
sure if it is possible, just 'nice'. :)

Luis

[1] nasty word, I know, come take my pants away.[2]

[2] Please, they smell. [3]

[3] Ever since Jeff gave them to me.