Re: GtkFileChooser API work [getting OT]

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 18:23, Hongli Lai wrote:

> Keep this in mind: the only thing intuitive is a nipple. Everything else is
> *learned*. You only think .etc is confusing until you've learned it. Win95
> confused the hell out of me the first time I used it.

Exactly, so why should we make a system that is confusing?

> etc: Etcetera (configuration files)
> var: Variable data, like the printer spooler
> usr: Unix System Resources

Still one thing remains
How did you get from etc to configuration files?

All I can think of is it means "and other stuff"
But then anything could go in there, and thats clearly what /home is for

iain
--
"Miss Celine Dion sings lovesongs while our cities burn"