ISO: command line interface to gnome managed applications

Has anyone ever developed a tool which would provide a list of GNOME
GUI applications currently running on a particular display?

A ps doesn't help - the processes might not be GUI, or might be pointing
some someone else's monitor, etc.

Metacity has an applet with this information in it - I just haven't been
able to locate an interface that would allow me to get at this info
programatically.
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden cas org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>