Epiphany executable name change
- From: Marco Pesenti Gritti <marco gnome org>
- To: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Cc: epiphany-list gnome org
- Subject: Epiphany executable name change
- Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:13:50 -0500
we are going to be forced to change epiphany executable name because
it conflicts with an older project distributed in debian.
See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=196491 for details.
Someone proposed, while we are at it, to rename to gnome-web-browser.
Has anyone problems with it ? Assuming it's ok to do it, would be better
to use a symlink (and to rename the real executable to epiphany-browser
to avoid the conflict) or to rename the real executable directly ?
The mime db and control center will have to be patched with the updated
Thanks for any feedback
] [Thread Prev