Re: Gnome desktop files doesn't follow the freedesktop standards

Getting slightly off-topic here, but..

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 02:16:46PM -0800 or thereabouts, Bob Smith wrote:
> Hmm... How about a submenu? Display the generic name. If there is a
> conflict in the generic name, make a submenu containing the names of the
> conflicting items. ex:
>
> Web Browser -> Epiphany
>                Mozilla

Dunno whether they still do, but didn't Mandrake do this at one stage?

I want to -> Surf the web -> using Epiphany
                             using Konqueror
                             using Mozilla
          -> Read email -> using Evolution
                        -> using Kmail

..etc? Or something like that? I liked that. I thought it was a good
way to include both. It is an extra layer of sub-menus, though, and
I can't remember whether there was a "using default application" thing
at the top.

Telsa