Re: The old gweather datasource problem again...
- From: James Henstridge <james daa com au>
- To: Kevin Vandersloot <kfv101 psu edu>
- Cc: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: The old gweather datasource problem again...
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:05:53 +0800
On 22/10/03 22:08, Kevin Vandersloot wrote:
I noticed that now weather.com provides xml feeds for every city:
This has a nice format, and is available for all the cities that
weather.com supports (which is a lot), and gives forecast data also. It
would be trivial to resurrect the improved gweather code to use this
Perhaps someone with better legal understanding than I can contact
weather.com (maybe a GNOME foundation board member)? Maybe we can get an
agreement to use the data if we display links to weather.com etc.
The notice at the top of that XML document says:
<!--This document is intended only for use by authorized licensees of
The Weather Channel. Unauthorized use is prohibited. Copyright
1995-2002, The Weather Channel Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved.-->
I would assume that this means that it isn't okay to go ahead and use
that data. Of course, asking couldn't hurt.
Email: james daa com au
] [Thread Prev