Re: GNOME Toolkit

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 07:49, Zeitgeist wrote:
> GNOME really needs to move their base over from a new, unstable,
> untested toolkit to Motif.

GTK you are talking about? GTK has been stable for years now. Sure there
are occasionally compatibility breaks but the only way to keep
compatibility 100% of the time would be to stop any fundemental progress
on the toolkit.

> Motif is the world's most mature toolkit for those critical mission
> applications. This fast, bug-free, attractive toolkit seems the perfect
> choice from GNOME and related applications.

Actually isn't Athena the oldest? But what the hell is the relevance of
this?! At Gnomes beginning it could have been built as another motif
based desktop but for 101 reasons wasn't. Anyway as you go on to say
there is CDE if you want a motif dektop. And the 'UI gurus' from Sun et
al. have been switching their desktop to gnome/gtk from cde/motif.

I can't really understand this post. Infact the more I look at it I
think it is a troll. So maybe I got trolled, anyway . . .

Dom

--
Dom Howells | e: dom domhowells com
t: 01844 339355 | m: 07956 224714