RE: Default Panel Sizes in Gnome 2.4.1

> From: Curtis C. Hovey [mailto:sinzui cox net]
> Sizes should be set relative to screen.  We to need a smart
> scaling mechanism.  We can gnome-font-properties scales
> fonts, Nautilus has zoom levels, and Ximian changes the
> default icon size in menus.  We might be able to consolidate
> the scaling to one location.

I seem to remember that, back when I used MacOS 7 on all-Apple hardware,
having a bigger screen just gave you more screen real-estate. So you could
have more things on the screen instead of making the existing things bigger,
without fussing with settings. I don't know how they did it, or if it still
works reliably with modern generic hardware.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net