GNOME 2.6 API Accessibility Bugs

Hi:

We've identified a number of outstanding API-related bugs that we believe to be serious for accessibility in the GNOME 2.5 stack. In particular we've identified four bugs that are blockers/stoppers, and 5 more that seriously impact accessibility. Three of the nine bugs (including 2 of the blockers) have patches that need review; all but one of these bugs is in gtk+.

I attach the list (there may be other API-related bugs for which the 'API' keyword hasn't been set, so this list is not exhaustive). We especially need resolution for the first bug, which prevents creation of output-only windows (this is a regression since GOK relies on doing this via Xlib - and changes in gtk+ internals have broken the Xlib method used by GOK). We also need some simple API for libgnomeprintui to provide for passing theme-related parameters, since libgnomeprintui does not use gconf or xsettings.

Since there are only a few days till feature freeze for GNOME 2.6 (and gtk+ 2.4!) we need some sort of action plan for at least the first four of these bugs.

regards

Bill
Title: Bugzilla is pondering your query
Bug List

Fri Nov 28 10:10:21 EST 2003

ID Sev Pri Owner State Patch
Access.
Impact

Summary
Accessibility
blockers

64613 nor Nor gtk-bugs gtk org NEWYes
AP0
focus handling (OutputOnly, ICCCM compliance)
96802 nor Nor chema celorio com REOP
AP2
Print Preview needs accessibility features
114851 nor Nor gtk-bugs gtk org NEWYes
AP2
Cannot determine the widget for which tooltip is displayed
103456
nor
Nor
gtk-bugs gtk org
NEW

AP2
New function gtk_widget_get_mnemonic_labels() requested

non-stoppers,
but important

58433 nor Nor gtk-bugs gtk org NEW
AP3
Can't desensitize GtkNotebook tabs
104811 nor Nor gtk-bugs gtk org NEW Yes
AP3
Not possible to get position and text for a GtkScale
113112 nor Nor gtk-bugs gtk org NEW
AP3
Cannot determine whether a widget has an attached menu
92346 enh Nor gtk-bugs gtk org NEW
AP3
Window icons don't respect icon theme
125378