Re: No Flags "Policy"

Le sam 22/11/2003 à 13:23, Jens Bech Madsen a écrit :
> What happens if the United States of America decides that software which
> contains the word 'Jeff' can't be used in any official way because it
> would against some sort of anti-terrorism law? Would you leave Gnome to
> avoid causing problems for Sun and Redhat? Should the changelogs be
> edited to suit some political whim?

GNOME already avoid patented technologies precisely because of USA's
weird laws (some would even say more plutocratic than democratic).
As a European I don't care if spring-loaded folders of MP3 playing in
free software is illegal on their side of the fence, but it'd the only
way to get it widely distributed.

	Xav