Re: No Flags "Policy"

On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 12:23, Jens Bech Madsen wrote:

> What happens if the United States of America decides that software which

Ohhh, you might want to be careful about using language like that...
Some people might start flaming you.
(Just from experience, eh Dennis?)

> If a distributor isn't allowed to ship a flag in a certain location,
> they can modify the product to suit their business or not. I don't see
> the need to have the base product neutered.

How about a gnome-flags.tar.bz2 that if installed gswitchit/other
programs that might make use of flags uses, but it doesn't need to be
installed for it to work. This tarball wouldn't be in the official
desktop release, but it would be an additional thing that people who
want it can download, but that China/whoever's national firewall can
filter out.

Just thinking out loud really.
iain
--