Re: control-center HEAD now depenends on libxklavier

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 03:37, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:

> > > Not a bad idea.
> >
> > GTK+ distributes its documentation in the tarball, but it is built when
> > building from cvs in maintainer-mode. gtkmm does it too, and uses
> > doxygen. I think that would make sense.
> Sorry, I do not quite get the idea. Should I change configure.in in
> libxklavier so if would not build doxygen docs by default?

I think it should build it by default when building from cvs, which
means, building in maintainer mode. I think that the generated
documentation should be shipped in the tarball, so that it is not built
(because it's already built) when the tarball is built. This is like
what gtkmm does (using doxygen) and what GTK+ does (using gtk-doc)

You might look at gtkmm for clues about how to do this. It's just an
opinion though.

> Actually, I would be happy to make configure.in "smart" about doxygen.
> Are there any good autoconf macros?

Personally, I wouldn't waste too much time trying to make things too
flexible for people building from cvs.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net